Access and Inclusion
The Aquadome believes that people of all abilities should have equal access to health and fitness activities.
The Aquadome has incorporated a number of accessibility initiatives in its design, build and program implementation, including:
- Disability car parking bays close to main entry and pools
- Disabled change room with ceiling lifter
- Accessible family change rooms
- Mobility lifter for 25 metre pool
- Leisure pool with beach entry
- Pool hoist and handrails
- Free admission for carers with Companion Card
- Ramp to the 50 metre pool
As part of the YMCA South Australia family, The Aquadome also facilitates YMCA LEAP programs. YMCA LEAP is the leading provider of inclusive recreation opportunities for people living with a disability in South Australia
LEAP is NDIS friendly and their services and programs can be included as part of your plan. They will work with you to establish and achieve your goals in the area of recreation and community participation.
For more information on YMCA LEAP, their programs and services, visit Leap Inclusion Services